OUR BALCONY WORKOUT – 10 EXERCISES IN 10 MINUTES (WITH A FEW EXTRA THROWN IN FOR FUN)
BACK EXERCISES – A BACK STRENGTHENER
The soft ball, as usual, may make you wobble a little. Keep trying and it will get easier.
Position yourself on all fours. Make sure your hands are under your shoulders, and knees under your hips.
- Level one – Extend your leg, and bring it back.
- Level two – extend the opposite arm at the same time as extending the leg.
- Extra challenge. Put a soft ball under your knee and repeat either level one, or two. Do 5 times on each side.
ONE FOR THE WHOLE BACK – THE SUPERMAN
- Level one – Peel your spine off,draw shoulders down and lower. Do 10 times
- Level two – Peel your spine off, lift head and legs, bring arms around and then lower. 10 times. Then pump for 10.
- Level three – All four limbs float up and paddle legs and arms together. Do 10 times.
- Stretch – Rock hips and then child pose
A LOWER BACK and HAMSTRING CHALLENGE
Position yourself on your back. Feet on the ground.
- Level one – Peel your spine off, vertebrae by vertebrae. Do 10 times.
- Level two – Put arms up, fingers pointing to the ceiling. Peel your spine off, and then down. Do 10 times.
- Level three – Peel your spine off, then left your heels off and then place them down. Do 10 times
- Level four – Put a ball under your foot. Peel your spine off, get to the top, and then take your other foot off and raise it to 90 degree angle and then place it back down. Do 5 times on each side.
ONE FOR THE ARMS
You need a resistance band for these exercises. You can purchase these at the studio for £7. Put one foot underneath the band.
- Level – To increase resistance take more of the band in your hand.
THE HUNDRED – A STOMACH BURNER