The last bank holiday in May is just behind us and it feels like the countdown to the summer is finally on. Before we know it, schools will be breaking up and you’ll be packing your suitcases and hopefully heading to the sun!
We know many of you have already taken up our amazing summer offer and are well on your way to feeling fabulous for summer. But if the thought of donning your bikini is still filling you with fear, now is the perfect time to start getting beach body ready. And there are only a few more days left in May to take up this fabulous offer!
As we begin counting down to the summer, you can still make the changes that will have you looking and feeling your best for the holidays. Along with Pilates, here are some of my favourite ways to get summer ready.
Looking after your skin
- Hydration- It’s so important to keep yourself well hydrated and I am a huge fan of taking my water bottle everywhere with me. Drinking plenty of water helps flush out toxins and means skin looks younger and fresher.
- Exfoliating- As well as hydrating properly, with the summer just around the corner, exfoliation can really help your skin look great. Body brushing is a very effective ways to get smooth skin and as we are approaching the holiday period, now is a great time to start exfoliating. Try using long, gentle circular motions starting at your ankles and working upwards. If your skin is in need of an extra hydration boost, use a body oil after exfoliation.
Looking after your fitness
- If you are just starting, Pilates is the perfect exercise to get yourself summer ready as it gives you a total body work out. Regular studio sessions between now and your holidays, will help you tone and firm up, especially around abs, tums and bums, perfect for your beach body!
- If you are already well into your summer fitness regime, use this time to really build and develop everything you have been doing. Push that little bit harder with just weeks to go. Go all out, you have your base level fitness in place and now is the time to go further.
Looking after your locks
- Freshen up your look- Getting a new haircut really makes me feel good! And it’s something I’ll get booked in just before our summer hols, a little treat for myself after all the hard work in the studio!
- Limit damage- Thinking ahead to all the inevitable damage of sun, sea and chlorine that comes with a summer holiday, it’s a really good idea to give your hair a deep condition about a week before you head off. Not only will you look great, but the conditioning will help protect your hair whilst you are away.
- Pre- holiday tanning- Nobody wants to feel pasty white on the beach! A natural looking tan will help you feel more toned in your bikini and is best started gradually, around two weeks before you go.
- Flat stomach- Avoid a bloated stomach by ditching carbonated drinks in the week before your holiday. Try ginger in hot water to soothe your digestive system or peppermint tea to help prevent bloating.
Don’t forget your feet!
- Our feet often get overlooked. But having put in all the hard work in the studio to firm and tone your body, feet are a relatively easy fix! With a bit of regular buffing, moisturising and a good pedicure you can have your feet holiday ready in no time.
Show off all the hard work
- Grab yourself a killer bikini. Don’t wait until a few weeks before your holiday, find your perfect bikini that suits your body shape now while there is more choice in the shops. Not only will you be more likely to discover one that you love, I find having my bikini ready and hanging in my wardrobe is a great motivator to keep up my summer exercise plan in the final summer countdown!
Nobody said it was easy, and as many of you know this slogan is painted on one of the walls of our studio. Achieving your summer goals won’t always be plain sailing, and achieving a healthy you is about both your mind and your body. We want you to be the best version of you, you can be this summer, and we want to make it easier for you. If you are a new customer, grab our introductory offer – 2 classes for £20 and kick start your summer HERE